1st base Southampton Vacancy – Venue Operator
1st Base Southampton are currently on the look out for some outgoing, motivated and passionate individuals to come and join our expanding team of venue staff at our Southampton-based venue.
We are looking for up to 2 operators to run our interactive batting cage based in Southampton. There is no requirement for any prior baseball experience. The job is an exciting and unique role that gives you the chance to meet lots of new people in a relaxed and social environment. You will be in charge of running the centre and be responsible for ensuring guests have a positive experience.
Applicants must have the following qualities:
- Outgoing and friendly personality
- Ability and experience of managing large groups of people (up to 20)
- Good time management & reliable (mandatory)
- Ability to work individually (lone working)
- 18+ years of age (due to sale of alcohol regulation)
- Experience in the leisure/entertainment sector (preferable)
- Job specification, duties to include (but not limited to):
- Serving drinks (soft and alcoholic)
- Welcoming guests and keeping bookings to schedule
- Conducting introduction briefings on equipment use
- Helping guests with baseball tips (training provided)
- Tidying and cleaning all areas during and between use
- Setup/Shutdown of venue before and after bookings
- General maintenance and cleaning of equipment
- Managing bookings and answering booking phone enquiries
- Social engagement with guests
We are looking for individuals one to cover shifts within the time periods of:
Mon/Tue/Thur (6PM – 10PM)
Sun 4pm 10pm
(Above shifts are maximum hours, time worked will depend on bookings. Minimum of 10 hours a week).
All successful applicants will need to have the relevant CRB/DBS checks.
Due to the nature of the job we are looking for very highly motivated, positive and outgoing individuals. Our whole business is based around the positive experience that our customers have whilst on site. It is incredibly important for us to choose the correct individuals that reflect the values of the business. Please visit our trip advisor page and read our reviews for an idea of the level of service that is required.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: £8.00 per hour